Football Hall of Famer Brett Favre says he has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease

 

Brett Favre speaks at a House Ways and Means Committee hearing on September 24, 2024.

Football Hall of Famer Brett Favre revealed on Tuesday that he was recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.


The legendary quarterback made the announcement while speaking before the House Ways and Means Committee during a hearing on reforming the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program.


“Sadly, I also lost an investment in a company that I believed was developing a breakthrough concussion drug I thought would help others. And I’m sure you’ll understand, while it’s too late for me because I’ve recently been diagnosed with Parkinson’s, this is a cause very close to my heart,” Favre said.


Favre had a remarkable NFL career, most notably with the Green Bay Packers. He led the team to a Super Bowl victory in the 1996-97 season and earned three consecutive MVP awards from 1995 to 1997.


In 2016, Favre was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Post a Comment

0 Comments